AlchemillaHsospital

More information...

Annin_Tofu

More information...

Post by Annin_Tofu »

rodox_head

Re: More information...

Post by rodox_head »

It's a gamble of a premise if you ask me. I'm still not entirely sold on it. It feels like they're banking on the trauma theme a little too much and I'm just wondering "okay, who are these characters? Are they connected? What's going on in the background for them to be linked like this?". Characters like Angela, Eddie, and even Sater still had to rely on their link to the narrative to be interesting, whereas, say, Vincent and Douglas weren't dealing with trauma and still managed to be some of the best characters in the whole series.

I will give points to having cEvin Key as composer. I'm not entirely familiar with much of his solo and miscellaneous projects, but if his work in the past with Skinny Puppy is any indication, I expect it to be interesting.
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.
Annin_Tofu

Re: More information...

Post by Annin_Tofu »

I think both RE and SH lost their meaning and ended up just as another big, cash grab series. That's why I always believe a series is at its best in its infancy before it extends into the household name it gradually falls prey to.

That's why Pyramid Head and Nemesis are so identifiable. It was because of their inclusion in the movies.

People watch more movies than they do games. But it made no sense to have Nemesis in that CV gun game spin off. Meh.

I feel like the makers of SH just see it as a trauma fad, as you say.