Yikes...

Discuss the upcoming PS5-exclusive remake
Annin_Tofu

Yikes...

Post by Annin_Tofu »

Otherworld

Re: Yikes...

Post by Otherworld »

TBH, it looked llike a cheap steam game....
I'm going to town either way.
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

Capcom, you're needed. :lol:
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

man i hate QTEs. that is all.
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

Yeah. RE6 had tons. :mrgreen:
floatstinger

Post by floatstinger »

I knew as soon as they rolled out the games 2012 style that it probably wasn't going to work out. They should have went the Resident Evil 7 route like Capcom did. Completely step back and rework their formula into a great game that launched a new era of RE.

That being said nothing I've seen so far has been unexpected. It looks fine, but it's also exactly what I expected. I am pretty surprised how Origins like the combat system seems to be.
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

I think everybody just remakes whatever will make the most money. It's also not vital that you play SH1 either.

With Capcom, they remade every mainline game up to RE4 besides CV. It is shocking to me how they branded CV as a spin off. Totally feels stupid, because CV is about as important to the franchise as RE2 or 3 ever was.

The thing is, RE4 is the game that's most overly glorified. I have always had mixed views on RE4, because while it's fun and influential for what it provided in 2005, the game spat on everything RE had built upon by moving towards action focused mechanics. Basically the game has all this gimmicky rubbish like looting crates and trading with a merchant. Things I feel are not reminiscent of true survival horror adventures. The game is just about you shooting waves of farmers, druid monks, and so on.
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

Annin_Tofu wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:35 pm I think everybody just remakes whatever will make the most money. It's also not vital that you play SH1 either.

With Capcom, they remade every mainline game up to RE4 besides CV. It is shocking to me how they branded CV as a spin off. Totally feels stupid, because CV is about as important to the franchise as RE2 or 3 ever was.

The thing is, RE4 is the game that's most overly glorified. I have always had mixed views on RE4, because while it's fun and influential for what it provided in 2005, the game spat on everything RE had built upon by moving towards action focused mechanics. Basically the game has all this gimmicky rubbish like looting crates and trading with a merchant. Things I feel are not reminiscent of true survival horror adventures. The game is just about you shooting waves of farmers, druid monks, and so on.
Remakes are about introducing newer audiences to these beloved games and money.

Look at the Dead Space Remake. It was great! But Dead Space 2 Remake has been cancelled beuase the 1st one did not make enough $$$.
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

Annin_Tofu wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:35 pm I think everybody just remakes whatever will make the most money. It's also not vital that you play SH1 either.

Remakes are about introducing newer audiences to these beloved games and money.

Look at the Dead Space Remake. It was great! But Dead Space 2 Remake has been cancelled beuase the 1st one did not make enough $$$.
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

The RE3 remake was trash. It felt like a rush job.