AlchemillaHsospital

Bloober Team deserves a chance, at least...

Discuss the upcoming PS5-exclusive remake
Annin_Tofu

Re: Bloober Team deserves a chance, at least...

Post by Annin_Tofu »

Well, you know what I mean. :mrgreen:

I think both RE and SH has seen their better days flash by, and now they are simply franchises they continued for the money.

Because if you think about it, RE8 barely has anything to do with RE in general until they randomly link Spencer to Miranda's mold fascination. And SH: f doesn't look like it is really a proper part to the series. So they feel unrecognizable. But they know people just cling to their names.

Then you have people who say only X games were set in Silent Hill anyway, because other games featured other areas. Pretending like it don't matter.
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

thesaunderschild wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:52 am Well, you know what I mean. :mrgreen:

I think both RE and SH has seen their better days flash by, and now they are simply franchises they continued for the money.

Because if you think about it, RE8 barely has anything to do with RE in general until they randomly link Spencer to Miranda's mold fascination. And SH: f doesn't look like it is really a proper part to the series. So they feel unrecognizable. But they know people just cling to their names.

Then you have people who say only X games were set in Silent Hill anyway, because other games featured other areas. Pretending like it don't matter.
Both franchises have to evolve, especially for a younger audience. We'll never get what we got in the beginning. Too many things have changed.
I'm going to town either way.
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

I know. :?

Everyone's copying each other today. But when I seen Capcom imitating Silent Hill with mannequins, I almost lost my shit over it. They were trying to be like the nurses, although Konami's games have mannequins as well, so it doesn't matter if I pick the mannequins or the nurses, since they move almost identically. They also tried to copy P.T. in general with the house being kind of similar. :roll:

They have no business doing that in RE games. I'm not angry in the literal sense, but I did try to warn people in the past about Capcom being shady by copying games that came out just a few years beforehand. So when that DLC came out in the fall and I noticed that shit, I wasn't in the slightest bit surprised that Capcom once again copied something.

They also blatantly ripped off The Last of Us in 2015. They copied the Bloater boss battle in the school, and put in a suspiciously identical battle in Resident Evil: Revelations 2, only they referred to the enemy as being a Vulcanblubber. You also exit a window in the same way after you kill it, and the room has shelves to act as cover from the fireballs that fly across the room. You do that in the other game, because when you are not close to the Bloater, it will launch spores to get at you.

Bloater? Blubber? Hmmm, these names do sound kind of samey...

They also copied the winter section, the dam section, the running infected people, the work bench, the enemy detection system, the crafting system, and the storyline about a young girl being immune to something is similar as well.

They also copied Gears of War 3 for RE6. Same looking buildings. You can play around on a shoot in a park in both games. You are in a squadron with NPC soldiers, with characters saying "Let's move!" Same Locust type giant ogre bosses. Somebody said there's a similar fight on a tanker where the creature grabs you as you struggle to get away.

Yeah. They will say they just took inspiration. But they copy people's games, all of the time. :coin:

What's gonna be next? :twisted:
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

I read over the weekend that this game is ready.... :o

Bloober mentioned that Konami is handling everything else.

:mira: :mira: :mira:
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

Yeah, and Steam says it's coming soon. :mrgreen:
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

I am really hoping we get some new news for this release soon
Norus_Rebirthed

Post by Norus_Rebirthed »

23rd of May at some Games expo apparently.
Source is somebody on a Facebook post.
So looking forward to Wednesday and seeing we didn't get anything we already knew before.
Or this could be the opening floodgates of Silent Hill hype. Who knows?
Have a great weekend!

EDIT: There we go. A newspaper I used to be able to afford daily has the story. But they are focusing on Spiderman 2
https://www.mirror.co.uk/gaming/playsta ... ore-target
Norus_Rebirthed

Post by Norus_Rebirthed »

Hahahaha! That showcase was a day later. And nothing! Nothing about Silent Hill.
So... For us it's always like thid? :thumbsup:
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

With all of these horror games due for release in October, I'll be kept amused. :mira:

However, I have yet to hear anything about Konami being at SGF. In fact, thus far, they aren't being advertised for any showcases.
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

A ton of different runours about this release recently.

I hope we get another trailer soon. I have cautious optimism about this title.