AlchemillaHsospital

Dead Space Remake

Discussions on all other popular horror video game franchises.
Otherworld

Dead Space Remake

Post by Otherworld »

Man oh man this is a fantastic game! I am really enjoying it.

RE2 Remake is the reason why this was made IMO
I'm going to town either way.
LostInTheFog

Re: Dead Space Remake

Post by LostInTheFog »

I havent ended the original one yet. Every time I stop playing it, have to learn the game mechanics again - common problem of modern games. The game is really good, I just think is a bit repetitive - Isaac, go there... why? because I said so, that's why!
"Killing a person ain't no big deal. Just put the gun to their head... pow!"
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

What's this remake like? Do they just repeat everything from the original?

I never got into the series. I heard the third one ruined the franchise, because it had co-op. I don't particularly think co-op alone is bad, but it's to do with how it gets utilized. But RE5 has decent co-operative gameplay. It's just not a scary game in the general sense.
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

thesaunderschild wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:52 pm What's this remake like? Do they just repeat everything from the original?

I never got into the series. I heard the third one ruined the franchise, because it had co-op. I don't particularly think co-op alone is bad, but it's to do with how it gets utilized. But RE5 has decent co-operative gameplay. It's just not a scary game in the general sense.

There are some changes in game design that are pretty smart. To open areas you have to reroute power, but in doing so you will loose power to lights, oxygen, or gravity. A smart idea to change gameplay. Plus there are security levels now that encourage back tracking for some loot.

Gameplay is fantastic and so are the visuals.

Biggest change...... Isaac has a voice :lol:
I'm going to town either way.