AlchemillaHsospital

The Callisto Protocal

Discussions on all other popular horror video game franchises.
Otherworld

The Callisto Protocal

Post by Otherworld »

Man oh man people are giving this game a tough time.

I have played the PS5 version of this game. I know other versions were much worse, especially at launch but this game does not deserve ripping it is getting.

On Metacritic, it sits at around 70%, and that more or less where I would put it. That's not to say that this is a terrible gate. I liked it and will go through another playthrough of it.

The story is a little light and predictable but that did not bother me either. The combat system is a refreshing change and I liked the concept. But the team did not do enough testing. In this game, you can handle one-on-one encounters with no issues. But when you get swarmed, the combat system does not allow you to use the mele. The stealth system is a touch and go as well. All this becomes a problem when you run out of ammo. It is primarily a problem because it feels like mele was the combat that the devs had in mind as being the main type of combat but when you are swarmed it is broken. You'll get hit by enemies on all side off camera and have o idea where it is coming from.

If anyone is going to play this game, make sure you use your guns and your GRP to dispatch crowds. If not you are guaranteed to see all of Jacobs's death animations. :lol:
I'm going to town either way.
Annin_Tofu

Re: The Callisto Protocal

Post by Annin_Tofu »

When I get paid next week, I am going to purchase this game. :wave:

October on the other hand, is going to be some month for horror games. I promise you that!