AlchemillaHsospital

Dino Crisis

Discussions on all other popular horror video game franchises.
Annin_Tofu

Dino Crisis

Post by Annin_Tofu »

Imagine a remake with the RE Engine. Would you like to see that happen one day?

I just hope Regina would not have an ugly, 'bloated' look to her, much like Jill Valentine did. I really didn't like Jill's manly look in the RE3 remake, but that game was a bucket of pish overall.

To be honest, Dino Crisis 2 was setting up a continuation, which we never really received. Regina was meant to resume trying to save Dylan, and Paula. Dino Stalker kind of counts as a seminal follow-up, I suppose. Although Regina wasn't even in that game. Nor did she appear in that lame Dino Crisis 3 either. :cry:
Xuchilbara

Re: Dino Crisis

Post by Xuchilbara »

I love it and it captures the horror of the JP novel. I wish they would remake it and drop it after the new JW movie.
"Speak.
I am the Crimson One.
The lies and the mist are
not they, but I.
You all know that I am One.
Yes, and the One is I."
- Me, probably
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Love it! But I can't get it to play correctly on epsxe emulator. I still have my original disc, and the PSN version for PSP/PS3, but I just wish I could emulate without issues for graphics reasons.
S.L.D.T.

Post by S.L.D.T. »

While not a complete full-on remake, a fan remaster for the first game is available for the first game in the form of the Dino Crisis Classic Rebirth mod, which can be found at the following link:

https://appleofeden.de-doc.com/index.ph ... c-rebirth/

I haven't gotten a chance to try it out for myself, but the gameplay and screenshots I have seen for it looks great! Dino Crisis 2 will apparently getting the same treatment soon, which I am very much looking forward to.

That said, I think that Dino Crisis not getting a proper follow-up is one of the greatest missed opportunities of modern Capcom, especially given how easily they could have capitalized off the success of the Jurassic World films. Apparently Capcom Vancouver pitched a sequel before they folded, but that never materialized.

I agree that the RE engine would be a great fit for Dino Crisis, although character movement speed would need to be increased, and there might need to be some form of auto-aim like in the originals, as dinosaurs are faster then zombies. I think even realistic feathered dinosaurs would be a good fit. I always think of this image with that idea:

Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

By the way, Paula can be spelled as "Pola" as well. ;)