AlchemillaHsospital

Hidden Rooms in SH1

Discuss Silent Hill the first game here.
admin
Site Admin

Hidden Rooms in SH1

Post by admin »

Added some new screencaps of the hidden/unfinished room on the Silent Hill 1 disc, accessible with walk through walls gameshark codes: https://silenthillcommunity.com/alchemi ... idden.html

Specifically, I detail five types of unfinished areas in my video:

Unfinished classroom 1
Unfinished classroom 2-you can differentiate these two because of the location of the classroom-to-classroom doors, among other things
Unfinished roof-This is a large roof area with two sets of stairs and different levels, and some sloped rooves.
Unfinished storeroom-a fairly small room with a door and a set of empty shelves
Unfinished hall-not the long hallways, but rather, the rather empty "hall" room which has two doors and is normally populated with insects
Attachments
unf03.jpg
unf03.jpg (34.04 KiB) Viewed 4742 times
unf02.jpg
unf02.jpg (22.9 KiB) Viewed 4742 times
unf00.jpg
unf00.jpg (10.78 KiB) Viewed 4742 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Hidden Rooms in SH1

Post by admin »

working on a new video also rn
Attachments
unf11.jpg
unf11.jpg (21.81 KiB) Viewed 4737 times
unf10.jpg
unf10.jpg (25.64 KiB) Viewed 4737 times
unf07.jpg
unf07.jpg (25.69 KiB) Viewed 4737 times
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

I read about this before but I have seen them.

Thanks!
I'm going to town either way.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I am also uploading epsxe save states with harry already in the rooms for the US version of the game

I am using the ePSXe 1.6.0 emulator here and the USA version of the game. These aren't memcrd saves, they are the quicksaves in the sstates folder, which is found in the directory where the emulator is located, so you can copy those files into the sstates directory, then "Run" >> "Load State" and choose from the 5 states.

https://www.silenthillcommunity.com/mod ... hidden.zip

Note that I don't currently have the Hall in there, as I forgot where it was while making the files! PEC Emulation Cheater using the "Walk through walls" code is also needed!

See my video of these, because otherwise the screencaps can be confusing. When you load different saves, the rooms end up different colors, like the classrooms are either black/white, yellow/white, or orange/pink! The rather featureless pink room is the Hall. The storeroom shows up either dark grey or tan for me. Likewise, the roof has the stairs and can be tan or grey. Since they aren't textured, I assume they're just loading as random colors here.

Using the "walk through walls" gameshark code, you can find several different hidden rooms by just running out from the courtyard in a few different directions. There is empty black space between the rooms and it's snowing, inside. There are also some of the regular rooms, like halls, classrooms, and bathrooms, but the unfinished/untextured rooms are more interesting to look at.
Attachments
ss5.jpg
ss5.jpg (5.23 KiB) Viewed 4724 times
ss4.jpg
ss4.jpg (3.94 KiB) Viewed 4724 times
ss3.jpg
ss3.jpg (6.79 KiB) Viewed 4724 times
ss2.jpg
ss2.jpg (4.9 KiB) Viewed 4724 times
ss1.jpg
ss1.jpg (5.67 KiB) Viewed 4724 times
savestates.jpg