AlchemillaHsospital

Silent Hill Play Novel - Port - (Harry's Scenario Completed) [Gyromancy]

Discuss Silent Hill the first game here.
admin
Site Admin

Silent Hill Play Novel - Port - (Harry's Scenario Completed) [Gyromancy]

Post by admin »

Gyromancy wrote:
So, i was working on this project for a few weeks and finally i have finished it yesterday.

UPDATED VERSION: SHPN_1.0.3 (06/15/17)

DOWNLOAD SHPN 1.0.3 (56.29Mb) 7-Zip - INDIEDB.COM:
http://www.indiedb.com/games/silent-hil ... -novel-103
http://www.indiedb.com/games/silent-hil ... -novel-105

DOWNLOAD SHPN 1.0.3 (43.8Mb) GOOGLE DRIVE:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3KIu ... Gd0TDFnUHc

This is a freeware fan-made adaptation of the original Silent Hill Play Novel for the Game Boy Advance, developed in TyranoBuilder (Visual Novel Studio). I tried to make it similar as possible to the original game, i mean, including every sound effect and background music, and also make every screen animated.

The game has:
*Intro video
*Main Menu
*Load/Save Menu
*BGM and Sound Effects
*FMV Cutscenes
*Animated screens.

I did each animated screen in photoshop CS6 into a gif, extracting the files from the original game, you can do this using the VisualBoy emulator option (MapViewer), you can extract each frame and make a gif with that.

I also did all the FMV cutscenes by my own, using a combination of three programs and converted it to .ogv format.

I tried to make the sounds and BGM as loop as possible without making the cut noticeable, but TyranoBuilder only supports .ogg and .mpa so i cant make a perfect loop because these formats leave a gap of silence at the end of the track, i did my best on this, but without succes.

The game runs in 320*240 screen resolution, i did it that way because of the low quality of the screens.

Atm i have Harry's Scenario completed with all endings and branch options finished.
Cybil's Scenario is in (WIP) will be available in later updates.

I used the translation from ¨Japanese to English¨ made by: Toby Normoyle
I noticed that there are some missing commas in the translation, so im trying to fix this in later updates.
Also, if you find any errors or misspelled, please leave it here so i can fix it.

NOTE:
TyranoBuilder allows me to export the game to different platforms like: WebBrowser, Android, iOS and Mac, so depending on how well this project goes, i will do these versions too.
Otherworld

Re: Silent Hill Play Novel - Port - (Harry's Scenario Completed) [Gyromancy]

Post by Otherworld »

Very cool. I hope to give it a try soon.
I'm going to town either way.
floatstinger

Post by floatstinger »

So is the Play Novel DLC really canon or is that SH wikia headcanon? IE there was a kid in Silent Hill who hid in Harry's car.

Also ain't it lost media? Sorry it's been a while since I read up on the details.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

floatstinger wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:01 am So is the Play Novel DLC really canon or is that SH wikia headcanon? IE there was a kid in Silent Hill who hid in Harry's car.

Also ain't it lost media? Sorry it's been a while since I read up on the details.
All we have, that I know of, is the GBA ROM which is in Japanese (I mean, official releases) and the official play novel guidebook. So yes, some of the Andy scenario stuff has been lost. The Harry and Cybil stuff is still there in the ROM, but the Andy scenarios, which were named after the seasons (spring, fall, summer, winter) iirc, are mostly lost except what is left of them in the guidebooks, unless some heroic Japanese person arrives on the scene with the DLC.