AlchemillaHsospital

An actual remake

Discuss Silent Hill the first game here.
Otherworld

An actual remake

Post by Otherworld »

If there is any game that needs a remake is Silent Hill 1.

This one look pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXphWocWWCE&t=2s
I'm going to town either way.
LostInTheFog

Re: An actual remake

Post by LostInTheFog »

I have left my opinion in the Discord of the team. Problem is, I don't use Discord, it's hard to get there and left some words... But the community is active, hope the team is too.

They are in the very beginning, lot of dark waters ahead to sail. Will succeed or sink, as all other? Maybe in the middle of next year we will have a better idea, thought.
"Killing a person ain't no big deal. Just put the gun to their head... pow!"
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

Kinda crazy to think that SH2 gets a remake before the original.

No reason not to start at the beginning IMO
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

I played the first game for the first time about this time some 20 years ago. I feel like it should have been remade over SH2, even if it is quite obvious that companies will always chase up the cash. But I always did say that if games are only loosely connected in terms of their plot, it ain't too big a deal to remake them out of order.

That still doesn't necessarily make it right, though.
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

thesaunderschild wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:58 am I played the first game for the first time about this time some 20 years ago. I feel like it should have been remade over SH2, even if it is quite obvious that companies will always chase up the cash. But I always did say that if games are only loosely connected in terms of their plot, it ain't too big a deal to remake them out of order.

That still doesn't necessarily make it right, though.

To me, Capcom clearly has the formula correct. Fundamentally, make your remakes in order. As long as you do it right (again see Capcom) the $$$ will be there.

Silent Hill 1 deserves it.
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

I laugh when people on forums such as GameFAQs, act like Shattered Memories was the actual remake of the first game.

Uh. Did they even play the first game? :?

Hell, I wouldn't even call it SH8. A reimagining cannot be part of the same continuity in that case. :P
Xuchilbara

Post by Xuchilbara »

Otherworld wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:38 pm Kinda crazy to think that SH2 gets a remake before the original.

I think it was about money and sales. Personally, perhaps the 2nd game being successful will lead to a remake of 1, 3, and 4. :robbie:
"Speak.
I am the Crimson One.
The lies and the mist are
not they, but I.
You all know that I am One.
Yes, and the One is I."
- Me, probably
Norus_Rebirthed

Post by Norus_Rebirthed »

If any got remade and I was somehow in charge at that place, I would have started work on 4 The Room from day one years ago.
Given everything that happened over 2020, I wonder how much that will bleed into not just the remake of 2, but Silent Hill games in general?
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

Xuchilbara wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:11 pm
Otherworld wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:38 pm Kinda crazy to think that SH2 gets a remake before the original.

I think it was about money and sales. Personally, perhaps the 2nd game being successful will lead to a remake of 1, 3, and 4. :robbie:
That's what I am hoping, but all you would really need to do is to tease a SH2 remake while releasing SH1 remake and tie them together incentive wise.
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

There's an unauthorized Unreal Engine 5 remake being made, so Konami will probably shut that down. It's like with the developers of Daymare: 1998, in that a new game can come out of one being axed. In their case, they were working on a RE2 remake in third person, and I think it looked quite swell.

They ought to know better anyway. I wouldn't see the point in making a game based on a copyrighted series, knowing I'd be wasting my energy when they threaten legal suits. You know? They could really just do a similar game and not connect it to anyone's legacy IP.