AlchemillaHsospital

question about ripping

Talk about modding Silent Hill 2 here
chimik

Re: question about ripping

Post by chimik »

roocker666 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:21 am Silent Hill model/level viewers work with PC version, don't use them on PS2 version.

If you want 3D models check this group on Deviantart, We are uploading 3D models from all SH games.
https://www.deviantart.com/xnalara-cust ... ilent-hill
So I have been able to extract the files as .obj's (with their UV maps being all kinds of messed up) with the Silent Hill 2 MDL Extractor but it doesn't really fulfill the purpose.

I found, with the help of many resources and the admin, that there is a SH2-3-4 Viewer made by Perdedork but I keep getting the same errors:

That being, I place the SH2-3-4_Viewer_0.9b.exe into the Silent Hill 2 folder (as well as in the individual data - chr folders just to be sure) and I keep getting the same error:

No Sh2, Sh3, or Sh4 data files found - cannot continue

Do you, or anyone, know a fix for this?
chimik

Post by chimik »

ok - ok - ok - ok.

Trying not to freak out. I got it all to work. I can post an exact step by step if anyone is going through similar extracting/model viewer issues that I did only a minute ago.

SO PUMPED IT WORKS NOW!!!
EvieWasTaken

Post by EvieWasTaken »

chimik wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:12 pm ok - ok - ok - ok.

Trying not to freak out. I got it all to work. I can post an exact step by step if anyone is going through similar extracting/model viewer issues that I did only a minute ago.

SO PUMPED IT WORKS NOW!!!
Hi! I'm very keen to hear the steps you took, I've been able to get the files out but half the polys are flipped and the UV maps are ruined :( spent a few hours fixing up the lying figure but I can't get the UVs re-unwrapped quite right on such a vague texture