Pazuzu

Harry Mason Vs. Pyramid Head

Post by Pazuzu on Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:42 pm

(I guess some potential spoilers ahead, read with caution if you've never played any SH games and are reading this for whatever reason)

This is a battle I started thinking of when I found some fan art on Google Images that showed Harry and Pyramid Head in it (stupid of me not to save it, maybe someone else here has it?). I know there's some SH fans who dislike the use of Pyramid Head outside of SH2 but this is just a fun little "what if?" scenario and nothing to take too seriously.

How would Harry fare against Pyramid Head if somehow the two were to cross paths? We've seen just how tough as nails Harry can be and despite his clumsiness at times he doesn't hesitate to venture through the Hellish landscapes of Silent Hill through both the Otherworld and Fog World to get Cheryl back and doesn't stop to think twice about attacking the many horrific monsters he encounters. we've seen him take down on his own the likes of Split Head, the Twinfeeler/Floatstinger, Incubus, etc. could he last in a battle against SH's most infamous creature?

I know some would argue Harry has no reason to encounter Pyramid Head as PH is supposedly something that exist solely in the mind of James Sunderland, but there's also the interpretation of PH being a manifestation and symbol of SH's own violent past with it's executions and how he's basically death incarnate, something we'd be going on for this battle. Now the original SH game was before the series employed the concept of SH itself manifesting the creatures reflecting the troubled mindset of the particular character in it, so the monsters Harry encounters in SH1 aren't particularly personal for him and are more a reflection of the shattered mind of Alessa. I haven't played Origins yet but in the Gillespie home there's the PH portrait on the wall, hinting perhaps PH has a connection with the Gillespies, and Cheryl being the other half of Alessa, perhaps somehow PH could be worked into that.

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Post by Otherworld on Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:06 am

Harry is a pretty tough character. He handles himself very well despite having no training at all.

Thing is, has anyone ever really taken out PH other than himself? I think the answer is no....

^ This is the only time I can remember PH being defeated ..... by his own hand .....

Pazuzu

Post by Pazuzu on Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:31 pm

Harry managed to defeat the Incubus of all things. At the very least, he might be tougher and more resilient than PH might expect and if not quite being defeated by Harry, he might at least back away realizing Harry isn't one to go down without a serious fight.

Parvatii

The Red God

Post by Parvatii on Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:54 pm

Pazuzu wrote:Harry managed to defeat the Incubus of all things. At the very least, he might be tougher and more resilient than PH might expect and if not quite being defeated by Harry, he might at least back away realizing Harry isn't one to go down without a serious fight.

Only when he has no ammo and then it mysteriously dies.
WHY NOT ZOIDBERG? (V)(;,,,;)(V)

Otherworld

Post by Otherworld on Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:54 am

Pazuzu wrote:Harry managed to defeat the Incubus of all things. At the very least, he might be tougher and more resilient than PH might expect and if not quite being defeated by Harry, he might at least back away realizing Harry isn't one to go down without a serious fight.

I really don't think that would change anything. As we have seen, PH is not affected by any assault brought upon him, and from his disposition, it seems like that will always be the case.

Parvatii wrote:Only when he has no ammo and then it mysteriously dies.

We know defeating PH has never had anything to do with ammo.

PH shows up when he is "needed"

And when he is not needed anymore ..... he takes care of himself....

In all honesty, putting aside whether Harry would ever meet PH or not, I don't think he'd stand a chance.....
Nobody does ... :coffee:

Pazuzu

Post by Pazuzu on Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:22 pm

Harry while probably not exactly a saint as far as we know we as good a guy as could be and likely doesn't harbor any guilt or darkness in him to get on PH's radar. Unless there'd be another reason for PH to be in pursuit. Going by the painting ogf him in the Gillespie home in Origins, I got to wonder if PH might have some connection with the Gillespies or did at some point.

Otherworld

Post by Otherworld on Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:48 am

Pazuzu wrote:Going by the painting ogf him in the Gillespie home in Origins, I got to wonder if PH might have some connection with the Gillespies or did at some point.

With the way Dahlia is able to sacrifice her daughter so easily it is not s stretch to think that the family has ties to the executioners of Silent Hill ....

Pazuzu

Post by Pazuzu on Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:31 pm

I bet the Gillespie Family has/had all sorts of ties and involvement with past occult activity in Silent Hill long before the events of SH1 and Origins. And I wouldn't be surprised if good old PH has factored into it more than once.

Tabris

Post by Tabris on Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:36 am

I'm not 100% sure how this would really work honestly.

Pyramid Head wasn't necessarily 'hostile' towards James. He was more of Silent Hill's really shitty idea of a tour guide. He was meant to push James towards his truth rather than get all murdery with him. He was also literally fucking invincible.

I don't really see what Harry would be able to do towards PH. Incubus was at least born prematurely so it could die from a few bullets. PH had no indications of going down ever.

Personally I think Harry would just end up as PH's next great impalement.

Pazuzu

Post by Pazuzu on Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:02 pm

During the battle in SH2, the two PHs eventually killed themselves after James injured them enough. Which makes one wonder if Harry could eventually get PH to do the same if he wounds him enough.

Tabris

Post by Tabris on Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:01 pm

I don't really think it had anything to do with 'being injured' though. I really don't think they were being hurt or injured in any capacity.

It wasn't until they decided to kill themselves by their own hand that anything happened to them.

Not at all convinced Harry could do much against him at all hah.

Pazuzu

Post by Pazuzu on Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:48 pm

Come to think of there's very few if any times at all PH is ever truly vulnerable and never impervious. You can slow him down sometimes but never truly kill him.

Tabris

Post by Tabris on Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:27 pm

For the most part he's seen as invincible. I'm not gonna act like a nuke wouldn't kill this fucker (who knows though? hah) but given the few times you go after him, nothing can be done.

The first time you fight him he only leaves because he's supposed to. I'm pretty sure you can even wait out the fight and he just leaves once the foghorn goes.

When he's chasing Maria, you sure as shit can't kill him, just slow him down.

You can't kill him outside his chillhut in the labyrinth.

Only reason they 'die' at the end is because they're suddenly compelled to do it. And only then, they commit 'suicide'.

Though it does have me curious theoretically, if you stabbed or pierced his throat there somehow if he would die or if he only dies at the act of a higher power saying so?

Either way, far as I'm concerned, Harry's got shit on PH.

Pazuzu

Post by Pazuzu on Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:29 pm

When the two PHs impale themselves during their final confrontation with James in SH2 it likely has a symbolic and personal meaning for James, since by then he came to terms with the truth and PH served his purpose for James by then.

You know, outside of SH2 and the Arcade game (the canoncity of which is debatable), we never see much of how one fights or injures PH. I know the films are a completely seperate canon from the games, but he also seems quite invincible in both of those. His invincibility could also be part of the more personalized agony James is enduring in SH2.

Return to Silent Hill