AlchemillaHsospital

4 new games & a movie: Silent Hill F, SH Ascension, Townfall, & SH2 remake

All topics that don't fit elsewhere, or about the series in general.
Norus_Rebirthed

Re: 4 new games & a movie: Silent Hill F, SH Ascension, Townfall, & SH2 remake

Post by Norus_Rebirthed »

Posted in wrong thread

I haven't got PS5. Blah etc. I've only got the trailer to go on. But the shot of James attacking a nurse with a plank of wood. Yikes!
I know killing Nurses is part of the gig. But what made it easier was none of the Nurses previously in the games looked as close as realistic as the Remake Nurses look.
It would be interesting to learn if it's possible to complete Silent Hill 2 on PS2 without killing anything but the bosses isn't it? Or was that Silent Hill 3 or Downpour?
That seems my biggest issue with the remake.
From the rest, I'd like to see gameplay stuff of Townfall. And f's trailer was the most atmospheric.
Ascension doesn't sound my thing. Apparently not in the stream but that A Short Message or whatever the hell it's called is said to be in development but nothing more.
Wasn't Gans trying to write the second Silent Hill movie around Revelation times? If it is, then I remember he'd gone to prison for drink driving was it? And I've been in the black hole circling orbit of Silent Hill long enough to remember when fandom had a problem with him being involved in Revelation film!
Ça change

And yes, I never thought it would be back at all or even at this level.
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

I noticed that Silent Hill f doesn't have a section on here yet. :mira:
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

thesaunderschild wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:44 am I noticed that Silent Hill f doesn't have a section on here yet. :Mira:
Very intrigued by this title. The trailer looked pretty cool.
I'm going to town either way.
AlexiusCorvinus

Post by AlexiusCorvinus »

I really want to see more of f and Townfall. They look really intriguing.
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

Yeah. I agree that it's hard to be excited when these trailers are always just showing off fancy cutscenes with no gameplay.

I do care about the story, but the game has to play good too. But of course, they often reveal things too much in trailers and showcase events.

They explain what kind of enemies you will be up against, instead of just not telling you, and you like that you find out firsthand.

I prefer that style. It keeps the element of surprise alive.
Norus_Rebirthed

Post by Norus_Rebirthed »

I wouldn't want to have this thread just turn into pages of reaction videos. The eSCAPIST hasn't done a Zero Punctuation video on the Konami announcement. But a blog with funny pictures and his voice is not so annoying in this video.

https://youtu.be/xRAUKDxmomM

EDIT: Runs back to warn NSFW language in above video!
LostInTheFog

Post by LostInTheFog »

Norus_Rebirthed wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:35 pm I wouldn't want to have this thread just turn into pages of reaction videos. The eSCAPIST hasn't done a Zero Punctuation video on the Konami announcement. But a blog with funny pictures and his voice is not so annoying in this video.

https://youtu.be/xRAUKDxmomM

EDIT: Runs back to warn NSFW language in above video!
Jejeje! I will agree with some points of this video, but not by the same reasons. I think Konami don't expect to make a lot of money with SH reborn, but make peaces with fans and customers in general. The hate for Konami came as a pandemic and they have acted as deniers. At some point, they realize how bad was the public opinion about the brand. As they got no means for a reaction, they tuck the opportunity of good industry names, SH lovers, and with something to show - plus, something with potential to bring Sony back.

I think this whole thing is about to polish Konami's brand, that worth a lot of money, but not as cash. Konami is not "cashing" over the franchise this time, and I'll bet we will have a good movie and a good SH2 remake (or at list we can have hope). The rest is really still in the fffffog.
"Killing a person ain't no big deal. Just put the gun to their head... pow!"
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

Even more games could be in the pipeline. :geek:

https://gamerant.com/konami-hiring-anot ... hill-game/